Friday, February 21, 2014

My First Mixed Media Canvas

This is my first mixed media canvas art. It's on an 8" x 10" canvas.  The background was first colored with blue and purple Gelatos but then I went spray crazy.  I used Heidi Swapp Color Shine sprays in Primrose, Mint Green, and Peach as well as Recollections Simply Pastel in Yellow Shimmer.  The texture in the background came from scrap patterned paper, burlap pieces, and lace.  I also used a small checkered stencil with White Texture Paint by Martha Stewart.  I bought the wood word "Imagine" in the discount section of Michael's.  The flowers are from my local dollar store and the piece also contains many trinkets from my stash.  I am very happy with the outcome of this project especially since it was my first try at Mixed Media art :)





No comments:

Post a Comment