Friday, February 21, 2014

My Second Mixed Media Canvas

This is my second Mixed Media art project.  It's also on a 8" by 10" canvas that I bought from AC Moore.  The background is textured with scrap paper, washi tape, burlap pieces, and lace.  The sprays I used were Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Mint Green, Primrose, and Peach as well as Recollections Simply Pastel Yellow Shimmer. The LOVE words were from a card making kit from Me & My Big Ideas which I picked up on sale at Michael's during their Valentine's Day Sales.  I sprayed one set of words with Tattered Angels Almost Black Spray and the other set I mixed texture paint with blue acrylic paint.



The flowers are from the dollar store as well as a couple from a Recollections collections.  The corners also contain trinkets from my stash as well as a polymer clay bird that I made from a Martha Stewart mold.




The frame and key are from Micheal's $1.50 bins.  The LOVE alpha stickers are from SN@P!  The hearts are handmade from polymer clay.  All the trinkets are finished with the white texture paint from Martha Stewart


This was a great project to make.  I am still honing my skills but I love how it turned out and it looks so cute hanging on my wall at home

No comments:

Post a Comment