Saturday, February 22, 2014

Life is an Adventure

This is my latest canvas art. I used pattern paper from DCWV Once Upon a Time stack. I glued down some scrap pieces of paper and tissue paper. Over that I sprayed the background of the canvas with sprays from Heidi Swapp, Tattered Angels, and Recollections. I tore the extra paper from around the dragon and pasted him on the canvas. Then over everything I added some modeling paste with stencils and a little bit of background stamps



The title is made with Thickers and SN@P! alpha stickers. Which I just noticed a typo!!! I will fix that and update you tomorrow on how it goes. I glued those letters down very well lol



The dragon was already printed on the paper but I felt like it didn't stand out. So I painted him and his fire so it would all blend with the background canvas colors



The top corner has some Trico flowers, a Tim Holtz trinket chain, and other embellishments from my stash, including a polymer clay heart I made myself :)



The bottom corner also has Trico flowers and trinkets from my stash. I put a light covering of Gesso over the embellishments in both corners. I needed to tone down the flowers since this is for my brother. I don't want it to be too girly lol



I know my pix aren't the best but I will be improving that, I promise. Thanks for reading xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment