Friday, March 14, 2014

Castle Through Window

YouTube Video of Project


My latest canvas is a window looking out onto a castle in the distance.  I started with pasting a piece of brown pattern paper from DCWV Dear Jane Stack on an 8x10 canvas. Before putting on the printed window pane paper from the same stack, I measured and cut out the windows from the back of the canvas.  Then I added a bit of texture around the inside of the windows with modeling paste.  Next I measured the castle paper from DCWV Once Upon a Time Stack and glued it to the back of the canvas.


I used Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy around the brown part of the part of the window.  I was trying to make this brown paper appear as wallpaper.


My flowers are from Recollections and the dollar store.  I tried to tuck them behind the window to make it seem like they were creeping in from the outside of the window.


Along with the Crackle Paint I tore some paper away from the canvas.  I wanted the wallpaper to look worn and old.  I love the castle in the distance :)


Among the flowers I used some metal and polymer clay trinkets.  Can you spot the clock key and bird?


As always if you have any questions or comments I would love to hear them xoxo Randi

This project is submitted to the following challenge blogs:
For the Lulupu challenge we have to use three items beginning with L, U, P, T, C
P = Pattern Paper, T = Tim Holtz Crackle Paint, C = Canvas