Friday, March 14, 2014

Castle Through Window

YouTube Video of Project


My latest canvas is a window looking out onto a castle in the distance.  I started with pasting a piece of brown pattern paper from DCWV Dear Jane Stack on an 8x10 canvas. Before putting on the printed window pane paper from the same stack, I measured and cut out the windows from the back of the canvas.  Then I added a bit of texture around the inside of the windows with modeling paste.  Next I measured the castle paper from DCWV Once Upon a Time Stack and glued it to the back of the canvas.


I used Tim Holtz Distress Crackle Paint in Rock Candy around the brown part of the part of the window.  I was trying to make this brown paper appear as wallpaper.


My flowers are from Recollections and the dollar store.  I tried to tuck them behind the window to make it seem like they were creeping in from the outside of the window.


Along with the Crackle Paint I tore some paper away from the canvas.  I wanted the wallpaper to look worn and old.  I love the castle in the distance :)


Among the flowers I used some metal and polymer clay trinkets.  Can you spot the clock key and bird?


As always if you have any questions or comments I would love to hear them xoxo Randi

This project is submitted to the following challenge blogs:
For the Lulupu challenge we have to use three items beginning with L, U, P, T, C
P = Pattern Paper, T = Tim Holtz Crackle Paint, C = Canvas


4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I have just spent ten minutes looking for the 'clock'..... I finally realised as I gave up the attempt that you actually said 'clock key'!

    I love your beautiful project, the flowers are just gorgeous. Love the shabby look to the windows and the castle in the distance was a great addition.

    Thank you for sharing this fabulous design with us

    By the way, is there anyway you could turn off verification, there are other ways to protect your blog from spam, such as approving comments before they appear. You will find, sadly, some teams won't stop to comment if they find they have to verify they are human.

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lin. I did turn off the verification. Sorry about that :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous canvas. I love how you created the windows - and the profusion of flowers is just beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at CCM&M this time. Cxxx

    ReplyDelete