Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Hi guys!  I've been so busy at work lately but I'm finely etching out some time to blog.  Here's my latest scrapbook layout.  It's of me and my brother pretending to be chili peppers outside of our local Chili's Restaurant.  I used DCWV Vintage Collector for this layout.  The background paper is a dark pink with a tone on tone map design. 


 I cut out some hexagon shapes from a piece of paper in the collection and then glued them in a kind of honeycomb shape of the left side of the layout. Then, I smeared some Gesso over the background to tone down the color a bit.  Then I took a background stamp and used it with my Heidi Swapp mustard archival ink and stamped it randomly all over the page.


On the top and bottom corners of the left side of the layout I sprayed Heidi Swapp Muster and Primrose Color Shine mists.  On top of the I used a new toy I got at the craft store.  It's Liquitex Glass Beads and I applied it with a Heidi Swapp stencil.


Most of these embellishments next to the pictures are a combination of things from my stash.  Some from Dear Lizzy, Amy Tangerine and DCWV


I dyed the lace around the top and bottom of the picture with my Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks.  I felt like it didn't stand out in it's original cream color.  Then I added a few ink drops from my Heidi Swapp mists around the page.  The title is made from SN@P! and Thicker letters


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Let me know if you have any questions or comments xoxo Randi

No comments:

Post a Comment